Wednesday, March 16, 2011

sugar high jump start

   i have a theory. i am no scientist, phyissist or mathmatician. nor am i a lot of other things but i'm okay with my lacking in all of them. my theory will shock and astound most. if anyone of the few voyers out their reading this blog get their super mom capes in a bundle? too bad. here is my theory.
   starting your day off on the right foot means, to me and mine, your first step is fully loaded with sugar. seriously. i find it curbs the sweet tooth for a good part of the rest of the day.  (insert shock and gasping here, i am quiet fine with it, really.)
   if i'm perfectly honest, this theroy has been noticed in my lacking. early in the morning, sifting through the fogginess of sleep and first rays of sunshinine. awaiting my morning cup of joe, my son expecting a wonderfully made breakfast meal at this time would have to mean he is out of his mind. personally, my sweet tooth is at it's all time high first thing in the morning. low blood sugar? i can only assume. coffee is my first dessert of the day. no kidding. more sugar and cream and less coffee in my cup. this friendly combo of caffine and sugar is my jump start and i look forward to it from the time morning peels my eye lids open, until the first wonderful sip and savour.
    so while i'm in the land of forcing the wakfullness, sugar pulsing through my veins, eyes finally wide open, i spy things like cupcakes and cookies that me and small brood bake from scratch. butterscotch crimpets and kandy cakes, a few days past code that my husband brings home from the warehouse. smile scross my face, enthusiasm in my voice, i offer them to the kids who almost never turn them down. aaaand here is where my name for mother-of-the-year gets pulled form the ballot. i let my son wash it down with chocolate milk and my daughter? well she starts the day with warm tea. no! decafe! she is, after all, only 1 1/2.
   so their you have it. officially. my first real confession for my supposed blog of confessions. mostily i adore my job and each one of my confessions is in fact my recalling the sheer love and adoration of being wife and mommy. but this? it's truly a "confession" of sorts. although no secret, i have shared my theory with those with whom i run. (hahaah!)
   starting off the day this way is a total cop-out. a quick fix until i have my head screwed on tight and am actually able to fix the kiddos something that will do their growning bodies good. in wich case, they are standing on chairs at the counter ready, waiting and willing to partake in and enjoy the making of. (see post cooking show: audience of 2) and i am, since having had my sugary jump start, a little bit better off for it. and for them. the crazy finding in all this is that we don't spend our days in arguing over the next sweetie. through out the day we do well, nutritional speaking.  little do they know i deceptively sneek more veggies into their diet then they can see. thank you very much jessica seinfeld =) and so i dont think that starting off our day on a sugar infused treat and using the rest of the day for all the other wonderful good-for-you foods is so bad after all. i do in fact think it it curbs our desire for the sweeties.
   theory share? check! first confession? check-check!

No comments:

Post a Comment